Re: [atlarge-discuss] Report to the ERC from the ALAC-AG (2/2)

Vittorio and all stakeholders of other interested parties,

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:06:16 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >A mostly western electorate might consider a few dollars
> >a reasonable price to pay for "the internet" - whereas
> >many african users might hesitate to commit a month's
> >wages for the same service.
> >
> >Maybe that's the sort of problem the regional organisations
> >will address?
>
> At least, that's one of the reasons for making Regional Organizations free
> to self-organize as they wish.

  Yes but your report does not state that in fact it states that regional
organizations should follow the ICANN regional definition.  Hence
although this seems to be a bit of "Nice Spin", it rings quite hollow
as far as the report goes...