Re: [atlarge-discuss] Internet Registry of Canada Charged

Ted and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

W. E. (Ted) Murray wrote:

> Wednesday, October 30, 2002, 8:08:41 PM, you wrote:
>
> JW> Danny and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,
>
> JW>   From this it seems that all is not well in Canada, much to Judyth's
> JW> and Ted's chagrin I am sure...  It seems that our friends to the north,
> JW> good friends that they surely are, also have their Internet policy
> JW> and practice problems as well...  Such is life...
>
> Jeff:  Do your homework before you "spew".

  Spew?  Really now Ted?  Get ahold of yourself...  :(

>  Danny has pointed out a
> "scam" situation not unlike many others which have been noted on this
> list earlier.

  Yes I know that Ted <sigh>....

>  If one was to take the time to research properly you
> would note that the Internet Registry of Canada is not a CIRA
> sanctioned registrar.

  Yes and exactly to the gist of my comments....

> This fact is something which, especially with
> the guise in which their solicitations were presented, was lost on the
> unsuspecting individuals targeted.

  Indeed true, and also already known Ted.  None the less this
has little to do with what you characterize as my "Spew"...

> The truth is, the system here "is"
> working and those who would abuse it are being identified and pursued.

  Yes also I noted that in my comments indirectly Ted...  <Sigh>

> I believe, with some editorial licence, what Danny was trying to
> convey is the fact that this sort of situation continues and will
> continue until we establish an effective governance model for the net.

  Whether we do or not this sort of thing will continue... And THAT
was part of my point in my comments, TED....  Sheeesh...

> Moreover what is needed is an educational/informational process
> whereby netcitizens can easily determine fact from fiction when
> confusing and/or misleading items appear in their inbox.

  Pipe dream here I am afraid.  But it sounds good...

>  This is
> precisely the space where our "floundering" atlarge effort needs to
> establish a presence and can truly serve the global Internet
> community.

  Very much agreed here.  But it is not the ONLY place, certainly.
Nor is it perhaps the most important place where our "Fledgling"
ATLARGE effort needs to establish a strong and meaningful
presence that will server the broad, and maybe even the
global stakeholder/user community...

> Jeff, think before you "spew".

  WHat "Spew" TED?  That is your own construence, skewed as it
obviously is or you are trying to make it...  Ted, you need to try not
to characterize what anyone says to your own skewed or personal
view or appearance...  Such is not helpful, not productive, and
overly obstructive at times...

> I thought I conveyed that to you
> during your late night "courtesy" phone call ....

  Surprised you eh!  LOL!  I just bet it did!

>  Do not bother
> repeating it please.

  Oh, I got out of that call all that I needed.  Thanks anyway.
But no, I would not make such a call at all had not you been so
incorrect in your incessant inaccurate and personal attacking
comments towards me...

> JW>   Now Ted, weren't you offering to do some hosting and DNS
> JW> work for our organization?
> JW> See: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0210/msg01019.html
>
> And furthermore Jeff, please get your facts right.  I believe you
> are referring to an exchange between Tim and Jefsey here.  I have
> nothing to do with the post you allude to.

  Hummm?  you are the author are you not?