Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel, elections and over-delaying maneuvers... with a "prequel"

At 08:52 +0100 2003/03/25, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:
>On 00:24 25/03/03, espresso@e-scape.net said:
>>The issue is that this group has suffered from a year of
>>unilateral decisions, in-fighting and general foolishness
>>instead of being systematically guided by its Interim Panel
>>towards becoming a real and effective organization
>
>Totally true as your long numerous mails show it.
>
>But I am afraid the unilateral decision to prevent
>the Panelists carrying their job is today yours.

Hardly! I am not on the Panel nor do I in any way prevent
it from doing its job. Its job now, of course, being to do
something to organize a legitimate election for this group
by such means as it collectively sees fit and for which
it can obtain support from the membership.

In the past year, naturally, it should have been doing other
things, too ... but it didn't and that had no more to do with
me than with any other member.) Now that its function has
been reduced to one task -- agreeing upon, announcing and
running a free and fair election of a new Interim Panel --
it has had more than enough time to discuss the subject
and come to a decision it can announce to the rest of us.

If you had spent half the time conferring with Bruce that
you spent insisting I should send you the list and Joop
should let you supervise his Polling Booth in the way you
preferred, we'd probably be discussing nominees by now.
As it is, Bruce will be available again in 3-4 days and
Eric is around now if you want to discuss this with him.

The only thing I am waiting for is the Panel's announcement
that it has planned such an election and would like the
information I am holding in trust for the group. No matter
what you accuse me of, I *will not* violate the group's
trust by simply e-mailing the files to any individual(s)
until some semblance of due process is followed.

This is my last word on that subject, though possibly not
on others.

Regards,

Judyth

Judyth Mermelstein     "cogito ergo lego ergo cogito..."
Montreal, QC           <espresso@e-scape.net>