Re: [atlarge-discuss] Is This The Party To Whom I Am Speaking...

At 04:04 a.m. 26/05/2003, you wrote:
Good morning, Joop:

You wrote:

> Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > At 01:35 a.m. 24/05/2003, Walter Schmidt wrote:
> >
> >> We seem so bent on being able to say we elected 11, why?
> >>
> >> And why, when a call for nomination is made, we find folks with whom
our
> >> previous contact has been non-existant, "filling out" the list...
> >

> That is a question for Jefsey and his cronies!!!!
>
> This election has been compromised by the very people running it.
>
> It's a sham.

Joop:    If you are so certain that this election is a sham, why are you
running as a candidate?
Ron, I did not write these lines above. Please check attribution carefully.

I "failed" to organize the election, because I was not given the latest voters list and I did not want to claim the "authority" that Jefsey and Bruce claim.
Also, my only chance to run for office and organize better elections is NOT to organize the election in which I am candidate myself.

I am critical of an election for an 11 man panel, which I am afraid will paralyze us again and get only default candidates in.
If Jefsey would have heeded the April members' poll and gone for a 5 person bootstrap panel with a limited mandate I would have supported it more enthousiastically.

But I am still willing to make the best of a bad situation.
I still believe Jefsey is doing his best.

-joop-