Re: [atlarge-discuss] méthodes de travail normales

Ron and all fellow members,

Ron Sherwood wrote:

> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Ron and all fellow members,
> >
> >   I think you misunderstood Sotiris's concern.  It was not with
> > Jefsey's command of the english languageorlack there of
>
> Jeff:
>
> Sotiris wrote to Mauro:
>
> "Your English is as bad (if not worse) than Jefsey's.  I did not
> understand your post.  How do you expect yo work on a panel whose
> primary language will be English when your English is so poor?"
>
> Apart from the ten grammatical and spelling errors in the above quotes (6 in
> yours and 4 in Sotiris'), what did I misunderstand about Sotiris' reference
> to Jefsey?

  First off Ron there were not 6 errors in my post, but one and that was
because of my space bar sticking.  Hence that nit pick is really
not a reasonable dig.  And I don't have a clue as to what you are
saying as to Sotiris's misunderstanding of Jefsey's posted comments,
which was part of my point.

>  If Jefsey can achieve so much while overcoming a language
> problem that Sotiris describes as possibly equal to Mauro's.

  I don't think that Mauro has a serious english problem at all.  I believe
that he posted in spanish for another reason that I am not aware of.
without an english translation.  At least Jefsey usually provides an
english translation or rough translation for his recent use of spanish
and has done so for his use of French post on other forums in the past.
Hence again I fail to see where your argument here as basis.

>  Why should we
> ban Mauro from participating in an organization that aspires to global
> representation?

  No one is suggesting such, including Sotiris.  What Sotiris is concerned
about and rightly so is that those members (Especially new ones that
are Jefsey-candidates, or otherwise, should be able to converse
in discourse and communications in English or provide a reasonable
english translation for whatever is their native language should they
use such as most members here are native English language speakers
only and that the internationally recognized language is English, not
spanish, french, Portuguese, chinese, ect., ect...

> Ron

    Pierre Abelard