Re: [atlarge-discuss] FYI: Anonymity, identity and authority

If you lived in a country that filtered sites like ABC news, Human
Rights Watch, and had a record of running students over with tanks,
secret abductions, and covering up disease epidemics, wouldn't YOU be
afraid of participating in democratic organizations online?

No, I don't think the problem is "fear" at this point, the problem is
outreach. But once some outreach is done, we should probably have a
mechanism for "secret" participation. Why? 2 reasons: 1) fear, 2) the
outreach could very well get us filtered.

-s