Re: [atlarge-discuss] WG-OUTREACH 004 - E-mail group and administrivia *with PROPOSAL

To get some clarity in order to press on, I'd like to ask a "stupid"
question to the panel and everyone else.

I think there is a view that the WG-OUTREACH would do well to transfer its
correspondence 'off' our overcrowded discuss and panel lists, to address
some of the outreach-specific issues and tasks, while obviously wanting to
archive any correspondence on any alternative list for the purposes of
transparency, and while also retaining a responsibility to report back
clearly and regularly to the panel and membership as a whole.

This might just be a simple do-today matter of subscribing to a list.

My "stupid" question is this : Have we, as participants, got the right and
sanction of the whole organisation to just go ahead and start a list for
outreach (in the absence of anyone producing anything else) or do we have to
wait for a general policy decision to be taken on what lists and where, for
ALL the working groups?

OK - that's my question.

Could anyone who thinks we should not/ must not go ahead and just start a
list, please express your views (which are, of course, welcome).

Otherwise, I guess the answer to my "stupid" question is: people are happy
for us as a WG-OUTREACH to just get on and mobilise and get on with things
on a list (albeit we are mostly agreed that we should act intelligently and
cautiously until we have a more clearly-defined product to 'sell'). There is
so much we *could* be getting on and doing in preparation that I think it
would be a pity if we drifted on for another 2 months and *then* had to
start from scratch.

Can we / should we set up an Outreach list now? And if we should have the
Panel's sanction first:

"I PROPOSE the motion that the Outreach WG can proceed to set up a list to
better carry out its duties."

Maybe this Motion isn't even necessary. Tell me what you think.

Richard